03-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #77
mattm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13 View Post
Could not have said it better! I bought this car to drive hard and be driving focused, not luxury focused personally. I still wonder how many 1M owners have not taken off traction control and experienced the true car with out the bitch switch. I also wonder how many tuned their cars before relaizing how even stock power has a problem being out down. It can be feathered easily but our cars do spin excessively on the stock tune... Just food for thought those of you thinking of tuning. The car is a completely different animal once traction is off. Overboost certainly is a sweet thing! IMO
My only options were sat radio, bluetooth, and heated seats (hey I live in Connecticut, it gets cold here). I have a Garmin that rocks so no need for nav (it was under $400).

I shut off the DSC and engage the M button at all autocrosses. I did shut off the DSC while drifting in the parking lot at work that had not been plowed yet. It is fun to switch off all the controls and really have a good time with the car.

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely learn a great deal today.
Appreciate 0