bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13 View Post
Could not have said it better! I bought this car to drive hard and be driving focused, not luxury focused personally. I would have bought a standard 5 or 7 series with all bells and whistles if this were the case. I still wonder how many 1M owners have not taken off traction control and experienced the true car with out the bitch switch. I also wonder how many tuned their cars before relaizing how even stock power has a problem being out down. It can be feathered easily but our cars do spin excessively on the stock tune... Just food for thought those of you thinking of tuning. The car is a completely different animal once traction is off. Overboost certainly is a sweet thing! IMO
Overboost sucks in my opinion. Would rather have the power delivered linearly all the time instead of 5 second jolts which can disrupt the vehicle during mid corner exits.

Have you driven a 1M with a tune? If you haven't I wouldn't make judgement calls. It's not just about the power, but how it's delivered. The 1M isn't suited for drag racing.

I wonder how many purist/Navless 1Ms are regularly tracked with DSC off?

The beauty of the 1M and M3 is that they can be utilized as a dual purpose vehicle (DD and Track). You can't really do that with a 5 or 7 series as they are too heavy. I've already tried.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0