View Single Post
      06-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Aquamist HFS-4 Install DIY (Lots of Pictures)

I received my HFS-4 System from Jeff @ Howerton Engineering with his "Two Gallon Twin Tank" setup, I have to say, this system looks awesome, its all put into a beautiful black box and looks very well put together and it all fits nicely together.

I did the install myself with 2 jack stands, it really was an easy install, It only took about 10 hours to install.

First thing I had to do was find where I wanted to mount the tank, I ended up choosing the left side, above the OEM speaker Amp. I chose to mount the tank here because I didn't like the idea of meth lines, and tanks over the battery, incase I had to change the battery or if I have any issues it won't leak all over the battery and cause more problems.

Luckily on the left side there was already 2 holes going into the fender well that I was able to just instal grommets into and they worked perfectly for the meth line and the plug to plug into the HFS-4 "Box".

These are the holes I used

With the two lines going in

It comes out right next to the fuel line, which was really convenient, I tried getting a good picture, but this is the best I could do.

Then I ran it under the car via the fuel line

I ran the power line to the battery via the OEM wires that run under the "spare tire" cover in the trunk.

Closeup of the wires going from the tank/pump

Mounting the gauge I decided to put it into the ash trey, I wanted to be able to close it and make it look OEM which I feel this does.

Full interior picture

Few trunk pictures (sorry the lens kept fogging up, the humidity in Florida is horrible) Don't mind the sub wires and dynamat. (the wires that are showing)

Jeff has been a great help and answered my many emails and questions I would definitely recommend buying your next tank/meth setup from him!

I would highly suggest this system to anyone running any of the major tunes, even the piggy backs. The failsafe works flawlessly with very little setup.
Appreciate 0