BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos    Still want an EV?

Yesterday, 12:16 PM   #8449
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I never realized we had so many crazy conspiracy theory believers on this forum. I guess it shouldn't surprise me given the polarized state of US politics and the crap people read, believe, and take out of context on the internet and social media.

Everything is a complex conspiracy to kill you, control you, determine your president, control weather and destroy towns in Hawaii, etc. Are we getting close to a world like 1984, Minority Report, and even Terminator? Certainly. Do the wealthy control much in this world and pull political strings? Yup. Is there a dark conspiracy controlling everything? Nope.

I seriously wonder how AmuroRay functions on a daily basis. His mind is must be going a million miles a minute thinking the world and shadowy villain's are out to get him and control him. People that think like this go deep down the rabbit hole and it gets worse and worse over time. It consumes them.
      Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #8450
JimmyTheHand
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 on order, Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
That's not what I'm talking about, this is:

https://digialps.com/apples-mind-blo...ain%20activity.
Looks similar to me - both involve EGG sensors and it has been shown things can be controlled by thought with right implants so such sensors are next step, but I doubt it will be much more than volume/next track for a long time and that will after a lot of practise.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:02 PM   #8451
JimmyTheHand
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Funny how all those screaming conspiracy around vaccines listen to someone who was trying to create one to boost sales of a different vaccine. He seems to fit right in with certain demographics in USA, no wonder he fled there.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #8452
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheHand View Post
Looks similar to me - both involve EGG sensors and it has been shown things can be controlled by thought with right implants so such sensors are next step, but I doubt it will be much more than volume/next track for a long time and that will after a lot of practise.
"You doubt" I'm sure we all safe knowing that Jimmy The Hand doesn't think any entity would abuse this.

And again, there was no implants here. I said in my original post it was an earpiece, which it is. Whatever you saw with the whole headdress was years ago - future is now old man.
      Yesterday, 04:31 PM   #8453
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Shocked, Shocked I say
The Carbon Credit Scam: Financial Cost, Virtue Signaling, Little or No Environmental Benefit
May. 24, 2024
Investigators have found that at least part of the carbon-neutral claims by airlines are backed by credits earned from preventing deforestation of forests that were never under threat.
Every year, China leads the world in coal consumption, burning 4,319,921,826 tons for everything from electricity generation to steel production. But it is deemed acceptable because China also plants a lot of trees and has created a market for trading carbon credits.
The irony of earning carbon credits by developing wind, solar, and alternative energy projects is that the company itself doesn’t need to switch to renewable energy. Instead, it can finance the installation of a windmill in a village in Bangladesh, thousands of miles away. There is no requirement that the village was previously burning coal or even had electricity. Furthermore, whether the village actually uses the windmill is not directly relevant.
Shell Oil became the target of international media when it was discovered they were playing a massive carbon credit shell game in China. Shell claimed thousands of credits for convincing Chinese farmers to use a carbon-saving farming method that about half of them had been using before the project even began. Even more comical was that the broker for these credits was PetroChina, a Chinese state-owned oil company.
Ultimately, carbon credits incentivize the buying and selling of carbon credits, rather than reducing the amount of pollution companies produce. Shell is a classic example of this; the company now has a very lucrative business line of creating and selling carbon credits.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...naling-little/

Big money to be made in the Green Grift. Give a Power Point presentation to some low IQ politician and let the bucks flow.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61906.50
      Yesterday, 04:44 PM   #8454
JimmyTheHand
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
"You doubt" I'm sure we all safe knowing that Jimmy The Hand doesn't think any entity would abuse this.

And again, there was no implants here. I said in my original post it was an earpiece, which it is. Whatever you saw with the whole headdress was years ago - future is now old man.
I'm sure someone would abuse it if it had the capabilities you think it has, but filing a patent doesn't mean the company is in a position to actually create a working copy or even if it is possible to do so - Apple may have just filed the patent because someone had a "cool" idea after reading about the research and didn't want anyone else to patent it.

The state of play of the technology at current is limited and unlikely to get anywhere near the point where it can be abused in next decade.

It doesn't matter how big or small the sensor is - the processing of the information is still in it's infancy, and there is a reason they use the caps - it will give a better resolution of where things are happening in the brain which is one of the things they were using to determine thoughts

There is enough things to be paranoid about in the world without falling into a conspiracy rabbit hole.
Appreciate 1
RM72906.00
      Yesterday, 06:37 PM   #8455
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

I heard a rumor today that private equity has been quietly buying up conspiracy theories and has been stripping them of value and will be selling off the parts. I have noticed that the fake moon landing stuff seems of lower quality lately. Anyone else noticed this?
Appreciate 2
RM72906.00
      Today, 02:16 AM   #8456
JimmyTheHand
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I heard a rumor today that private equity has been quietly buying up conspiracy theories and has been stripping them of value and will be selling off the parts. I have noticed that the fake moon landing stuff seems of lower quality lately. Anyone else noticed this?
Quality of that and trolls has been dropping since they stopped using AOL as their training ground before heading to the news groups.
Appreciate 1
gblansten2112.00
      Today, 03:02 AM   #8457
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Shocked, Shocked I say
The Carbon Credit Scam: Financial Cost, Virtue Signaling, Little or No Environmental Benefit
May. 24, 2024
Investigators have found that at least part of the carbon-neutral claims by airlines are backed by credits earned from preventing deforestation of forests that were never under threat.
Every year, China leads the world in coal consumption, burning 4,319,921,826 tons for everything from electricity generation to steel production. But it is deemed acceptable because China also plants a lot of trees and has created a market for trading carbon credits.
The irony of earning carbon credits by developing wind, solar, and alternative energy projects is that the company itself doesn’t need to switch to renewable energy. Instead, it can finance the installation of a windmill in a village in Bangladesh, thousands of miles away. There is no requirement that the village was previously burning coal or even had electricity. Furthermore, whether the village actually uses the windmill is not directly relevant.
Shell Oil became the target of international media when it was discovered they were playing a massive carbon credit shell game in China. Shell claimed thousands of credits for convincing Chinese farmers to use a carbon-saving farming method that about half of them had been using before the project even began. Even more comical was that the broker for these credits was PetroChina, a Chinese state-owned oil company.
Ultimately, carbon credits incentivize the buying and selling of carbon credits, rather than reducing the amount of pollution companies produce. Shell is a classic example of this; the company now has a very lucrative business line of creating and selling carbon credits.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...naling-little/

Big money to be made in the Green Grift. Give a Power Point presentation to some low IQ politician and let the bucks flow.
In short the real crooks are hiding behind corporate placards taking the gubment for a ride who are fleecing peoples taxes.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:52 AM   #8458
SteVTEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I never realized we had so many crazy conspiracy theory believers on this forum. I guess it shouldn't surprise me given the polarized state of US politics and the crap people read, believe, and take out of context on the internet and social media.

Everything is a complex conspiracy to kill you, control you, determine your president, control weather and destroy towns in Hawaii, etc. Are we getting close to a world like 1984, Minority Report, and even Terminator? Certainly. Do the wealthy control much in this world and pull political strings? Yup. Is there a dark conspiracy controlling everything? Nope.

I seriously wonder how AmuroRay functions on a daily basis. His mind is must be going a million miles a minute thinking the world and shadowy villain's are out to get him and control him. People that think like this go deep down the rabbit hole and it gets worse and worse over time. It consumes them.
So how many boosters did you take?

John 16:33
Attached Images

Last edited by SteVTEC; Today at 07:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
      Today, 11:17 AM   #8459
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
So how many boosters did you take?

John 16:33
Zero. I think for myself. I have my own opinions about COVID. I do think we've been mislead about the origins of the virus though, especially considering the players involved. I certainly don't think the vaccines were some government-manufactured population/mind/Jason Bourne control project. LOL