BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    F90 M5 builder now up on BMW US site

01-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #89
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Just played around with it myself. My build came out to $121k without Carbon Brakes. Hmm... what other cars could I have for $121k? Lol!

Yeah and what's the word on the sport exhaust? Not talking about the M Performance Exhaust. I guess American cars get it included?
We must have built the same M5,...as mine too came up to $121,600. I skipped the CC brakes,...the rear entertainment system, etc.

I will definitely drive one to get a feel of it.
I'll definitely drive one too, just to say that I've driven one, but have no intention of buying one in the near future. I opted for the Rear Seat Entertainment though, it's an option I wish I got on my F10, even though I don't have kids yet or many people that ride in the car with me. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #90
scoobysaurus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Any upper echelon ones other than the GT?

Perhaps this http://www.bmwblog.com/2018/01/04/bm...t-m8-road-car/
Other than the GT? Project One.

M8 is essentially the new M6 which itself is a 2 door M5. But if you want to fall for the marketing be my guest.

And if we're comparing racecars put that M8 GTE against a Merc F1 car. No matter how us Bimmerphiles try to spin it, AMG is playing in a different league right now and nothing short of an i8 with a proper drivetrain will even come close to competing with the GT range. The 8 series is more of an S/SL competitor, not a sports car.

Last edited by scoobysaurus; 01-08-2018 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 07:42 PM   #91
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Any upper echelon ones other than the GT?

Perhaps this http://www.bmwblog.com/2018/01/04/bm...t-m8-road-car/

M8 is essentially the new M6 which itself is a 2 door M5. But if you want to fall for the marketing be my guest.

And if we're comparing racecars put that M8 GTE against a Merc F1 car. No matter how us Bimmerphiles try to spin it, AMG is playing in a different league right now and nothing short of an i8 with a proper drivetrain will even come close to competing with the GT range. The 8 series is more of an S/SL competitor, not a sports car.
Not this time , the M8 will have major differences from chassis to a transaxle drivetrain. It will be a lighter , smaller ( if only slightly) more sporty GT car than the M6 . Given they started from the GTE work for the chassis I would suspect it will be a significantly better performer than the M5 this time .
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 11:01 PM   #92
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post

Be real, project one is a concept.

"However, the engine will only last for 31,068.5 mi (50,000 km) and the owners will have to return their Project Ones for engine refurbishment.

...The production run of the Project One will be at 275 units, with 1000 customers asking to order a car. The price of the car will be listed at a minimum of €2.3 million ($2.7 million).[14][10] By April 16, 2017, all US orders for the Project One had been sold out.[15] It has been confirmed that the concept seen at Frankfurt is "very close to production." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-AMG_Project_One

You just wait for the M8 due to be launched this year

Last edited by bm323; 01-09-2018 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 10:33 AM   #93
dcbigbaps
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 McLaren 570GT

Garage List
I'm coming in at $118. I am sure I will push over $120 once I add on extras such as CF spoiler and blacking out certain components.

Has anyone yet heard any updates on the performance exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 12:05 PM   #94
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbigbaps View Post
I'm coming in at $118. I am sure I will push over $120 once I add on extras such as CF spoiler and blacking out certain components.

Has anyone yet heard any updates on the performance exhaust?
I haven't heard any performance exhaust updates yet.. I'm hoping the MPE exhaust and other M Perf parts are out by the time my car arrives. My build is about 117k but will probably be over 127k after the M perf parts are added. Here is my mod list...

MODS:
Interior:
M performance floor mats

Stance/handling:
M performance coilover suspension
Spacers.. 5mm? Macht Schnell
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - 305/30/20 rear 285/30/20 front tires

Performance:
M performance exhaust with CF tips

Aesthetics:
Body color deflectors (rear bumper and front fenders)
M performance CF parts:
|rear spoiler
|rear diffuser
|front grill - Gloss Black
|front diffusers
|side sills - Gloss Black
|side lower blades
|side mirror caps
Window tint - Llumar CTX ceramic window tint, front 25%, rear and back 20%, front windshield - clear UV protection film
Black slim line BMW license plate frame

Protection:
3M front bumper clear bra protection
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #95
dcbigbaps
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 McLaren 570GT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasLife345M View Post
I haven't heard any performance exhaust updates yet.. I'm hoping the MPE exhaust and other M Perf parts are out by the time my car arrives. My build is about 117k but will probably be over 127k after the M perf parts are added. Here is my mod list...

MODS:
Interior:
M performance floor mats

Stance/handling:
M performance coilover suspension
Spacers.. 5mm? Macht Schnell
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - 305/30/20 rear 285/30/20 front tires

Performance:
M performance exhaust with CF tips

Aesthetics:
Body color deflectors (rear bumper and front fenders)
M performance CF parts:
|rear spoiler
|rear diffuser
|front grill - Gloss Black
|front diffusers
|side sills - Gloss Black
|side lower blades
|side mirror caps
Window tint - Llumar CTX ceramic window tint, front 25%, rear and back 20%, front windshield - clear UV protection film
Black slim line BMW license plate frame

Protection:
3M front bumper clear bra protection

That looks great. I am just going to use this as a daily driver, but I do want the exhaust and CF spoiler. It doesn't look like they will be out though.

On a side note, what is your experience with 3M film? I have used xpel ultimate on my porsche and it's not bad, I just don't love the thickness. Recently, I put Llumar platinum on my mclaren based on a recommendation, and I like it much better. I have heard mixed reviews about 3M.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 03:24 AM   #96
DarthColin
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthColin View Post
What do you guys think of this combo? I'm set on having a brown interior, and Marina Bay Blue is my favourite colour, Donnington Grey would be second choice. Does the fine line ridge trim work with the brown?
Cheers
That was my build just messing around with the configurator (not planning on buying any time soon) and I think the combo looks fantastic. For an ///M car I always like to have the carbon trim so I didn't consider the wood. While it does look nice I just prefer the more sporty carbon look on an ///M and it's nice to finally have it available from the start for the 5er. I thought the lighter color carbon structure looked best without the full leather (that leaves the entire dash black) where as I prefer the dark carbon structure for the full leather dash that is half black and half brown. Having said that, full leather is definitely a must for the ///M5, so I would go with the dark carbon structure most likely, although I would want to see both dark and light carbon in person before pulling the trigger if possible!

Either way the blue with brown interior is my favorite combo available so I say go for it! Hard to beat a proper blue bmw, and the darker brown adds a touch of luxury and mixes well with the sporty blue and carbon on the interior!
I just redid this build on the Canadian configurator. I think my minds made up. The fine line wood trim comes with an aluminum surround, which I like. Also, the exec package in Canada (didn't check if in the USA also) includes ceramic controls. Does anyone have comparison photos of normal and ceramic controls.
      01-10-2018, 08:16 AM   #97
hufington
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 m50i

Garage List
I wish that they had more colors specific to the M5. Just built a Bluestone 540 M Sport and an M5, they almost look identical from almost all angles.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #98
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbigbaps View Post
That looks great. I am just going to use this as a daily driver, but I do want the exhaust and CF spoiler. It doesn't look like they will be out though.

On a side note, what is your experience with 3M film? I have used xpel ultimate on my porsche and it's not bad, I just don't love the thickness. Recently, I put Llumar platinum on my mclaren based on a recommendation, and I like it much better. I have heard mixed reviews about 3M.
I don't have any experience with it outside of online reviews. Reviews look good so I am going to give it a try.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #99
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Hi everyone. Long time since I've been around, I hope you're all well. My F10 lease is up in June and I secured my allocation for an F90 with a March build I've been reading through posts and can't seem to find any definitive information on the following:

1) Are the 20" wheels forged or cast? (BTW I'm pissed that BMW changed the bolt pattern).

2) Are cars being delivered with both the Pilot SS and P Zeros? I can't stand the Pirellis.

3) Is there a brochure available that would answer these questions?

4) After nearly 3 years with the F10, I still can't get my wife to embrace the concept of soft close doors. Any ideas?

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by Bönz; 01-13-2018 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: found my own answers
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 12:28 AM   #100
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Coupe

Quote:
What do you guys think of this combo? I'm set on having a brown interior, and Marina Bay Blue is my favourite colour, Donnington Grey would be second choice. Does the fine line ridge trim work with the brown?
Cheers
its good choice and combination
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2018, 05:07 AM   #101
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Cheers
I like it. I'm going with the same, although I'm considering Singapore Gray. Need to see it in person.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2018, 06:02 AM   #102
FAZKW
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S8

If any of you guys are looking at individual colors, I saw an M3 yesterday in Tanzanite Blue. It was so "rich and deep" that the salesman and I kept twisting our heads to see the different shades. I tried to look up some images and videos online, but no one seems to catch the beauty of the color.

While standing next to it, you literally see some panels in pure black, and others in a rich blue. Definitely a great choice for someone willing to live with swirl marks and fingerprints. Obviously not for me! Take a look at the links below:

http://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...16-750x500.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9wQ10RqcEg
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 10:32 PM   #103
Cyberbug
Private
Rep
Drives: HP4

Garage List
I don’t understand few basic things that are available for the M550i in US are not available with the M5. Like the remote control parking feature.

Will have to see till fall if the 2019 spec gets everything
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 10:39 PM   #104
Cyberbug
Private
Rep
Drives: HP4

Garage List
My build so far. Pretty good deal compared to E63S.

Would love the M performance exhaust.

CF bits can be added later, O.E or aftermarket.

Lowering springs would be nice as long as it doesn’t get too stiff.

No AW steering option yet like M550i or GT-R.

No remote control parking

There is a sweet one at the Santa Ana, CA dealership with all factory CF options
Attached Images

Appreciate 0