BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    BMW M Performance Parts for F90 M5 (Details, Photos, Videos) and SEMA Photos

10-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Lightbulb BMW M Performance Parts for F90 M5 (Details, Photos, Videos) and SEMA Photos

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW M Performance Parts for F90 M5 (Details and Photos) and SEMA Live Photos
COMMENTS

Official Video:

Here are more specific details on the M Performance Parts for the F90 M5. We'll be posting even more info on the components tomorrow, including live photos from the SEMA show floor. Here is a list of F90 M5 M Performance Parts:
  • BMW M Performance sports exhaust system
  • Coilover suspension
  • Carbon fiber front bumper attachments (splitters)
  • Carbon fiber side skirts
  • Carbon fiber rear spoiler
  • Carbon fiber rear spoiler
  • Carbon fiber rear diffuser
  • Side sill foils
  • Motorsport stripes
  • Carbon fiber engine cover extension kit
  • Carbon fiber steering wheel
  • Carbon fiber shift paddles
  • Carbon fiber gear shift lever cover
  • Floor mats
  • Key wallet
  • LED logo projector

BMW M Performance Parts for 2018 BMW M5 (F90) - Press Release

World premiere: BMW M Performance Parts for the all-new 2018 BMW M5.

Since its world premiere in August, the all-new BMW M5 has attracted attention around the globe. At the 2017 SEMA Show in Las Vegas, BMW is now presenting a comprehensive range of exclusive M Performance Parts for the all-new BMW M5. All of these components from the M Performance Parts accessory range were developed using BMW M Motorsport know-how and underscore the high-performance sedan’s sporty and luxurious appearance, and also fulfil functional requirements in terms of aerodynamics, cooling and lightweight construction. Most of these exclusive M Performance Parts will be available as options during the time of ordering when the vehicle is launched in the Spring of 2018, with additional products following in July 2018.

Aerodynamics in perfection.

The numerous highlights featured in the accessory range developed especially for the all-new BMW M5 include the package comprising M Performance aerodynamics components. All of these parts are made from lightweight carbon fiber and are elaborately handcrafted.

The following aerodynamics components are available: a newly designed front attachment, side sill attachments, a carbon fiber rear spoiler, a carbon fiber rear spoiler Pro (**) and a rear diffuser. All of these components accentuate the all-new BMW M5’s powerful and sporty appearance, while ensuring optimized aerodynamic characteristics.

Additional components from the M Performance Parts accessory range have been perfectly adapted to the aerodynamics package and now provide additional accents to the all-new BMW M5. The front kidney grilles and air breather trim side grilles (**) bearing the M logo and M Performance carbon fiber mirror caps (**) further enhance the carbon fiber look. The M Performance side sill foils accentuate the side sill attachments, optimally rounding off the distinctively sporty look provided by the aerodynamics package.

** Components available as from July 2018

Latest technology from motorsport brings the BMW M5’s performance onto the road, while guaranteeing superior driving behavior right up to the car’s limit. Thanks to an even sportier set-up, the new BMW M Performance coilover suspension developed specifically for the BMW M5 ensures excellent road-holding and increases driving dynamics resulting from a more direct connection of the vehicle chassis to the road. Moreover, red coil springs also add further visual highlights. The spring plates are adjustable.

Carbon-ceramic brakes guarantee superior braking characteristics. The sports disc pads are based on highly durable, motorsports-proven racing brake pads (***) and offer advantages such as a shorter braking distances, better brake response as well as higher thermal resilience. Furthermore, the race-oriented interpretation of brake-force distribution provides for enhanced dynamic brake control.

The new BMW M Performance sports exhaust system, which will be on sale exclusively in the USA and Canada, guarantees an emotional motorsport sound. The rear muffler is made from titanium with carbon fiber tailpipe trims additionally available. Optimized exhaust gas routing with reduced counter-pressure enhances the powerful V8 TwinTurbo sound and underscores the sporty driving experience.

The M Performance Drive Analyzer, also derived from motorsport, is an innovative tool for recording and evaluating all important vehicle dynamics data. The system offers comprehensive, professional possibilities to record and analyze, which can be evaluated and displayed on the smartphone. The Drive Analyzer determines a variety of relevant indicators such as diverse engine data, speed and peak values, engaged gear, use of accelerator pedal and brakes as well as lateral acceleration. When established, the results can be directly shown on the smartphone as videos or graphic representations via the M Performance Drive Analyzer App, which is available free of charge to BMW customers. Furthermore, customers also wishing to capture their drive on film, BMW M Performance Parts offers the Trackfix action camera holder, which can be mounted in the threaded bush of the towing lug either at the front or rear end of the vehicle.

Sporty, dynamic appearance down to the finest detail.

M Performance Parts for the BMW M5 bring that true racetrack feeling to everyday life – also in terms of visual presence. These include motorsport stripes in typical M colors, which highlight the car’s sporty design even further and lend it its very own individual character. The elaborately handcrafted M Performance carbon fiber engine cover extension kit is a real eye-catcher and also makes the car’s racing genes visible where its performance has its origins – in the engine compartment.

** Components available as from July 2018
*** Not available in the US.

This racing look has also been applied to the vehicle’s interior components. The M Performance steering wheel (**) conveys a genuine motorsport feeling thanks to its distinctive geometry and extremely pronounced Alcantara grip area and a carbon fiber steering wheel cover. This is enhanced by newly designed carbon fiber shift paddles (**) and a carbon fiber gear shift lever cover (**). M Performance floor mats are a perfect complement to the car’s interior ambience. Finest details from the suspension to the interior reveal that the BMW M5 and M Performance Parts have their roots in motor racing, and this also includes the new key wallet for the all-new BMW M5. It comprises a material mix of high-quality Alcantara and carbon fiber and offers a perfect combination of motorsport design and functionality. The M Performance LED logo projector, which completes the accessory range available for the BMW M5, is also a genuine statement.

M Performance Parts in use for the MotoGPTM.

A unique model designed for racetrack use will shortly be celebrating its premiere – the BMW M5 MotoGPTM Safety Car. Since 1999, BMW M has been the “official car of the MotoGP” and affiliate partner of MotoGP organizers Dorna Sports, deploying its fleet of safety cars to guarantee safety in the world’s fastest motorcycle racing series. Like the predecessor model, the BMW M5 MotoGP Safety Car is equipped with a multitude of BMW M Performance Parts so that it is able to fully meet the special demands on a lead vehicle in professional motorsport. These also include M Performance aerodynamics components as well as the BMW M Performance sports exhaust system made from titanium. The BMW M5 MotoGP Safety Car will make its first racetrack appearance at the 2017 season final in Valencia, Spain, in November. During the 2018 season, it will be the spearhead of the BMW M MotoGP Safety Car fleet.

The BMW M5: the quintessential high-performance sedan.

Thanks to numerous innovative features, the all-new BMW M5 offers perfect handling up to the vehicle’s dynamics limits – both on the road and on the racetrack. These include the newly designed M-specific four-wheel drive system M xDrive being employed in the BMW M5 for the first time. It guarantees optimized driving dynamics through precise handling and perfect traction. The heart of the BMW M5, the 4.4-liter V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, has been extensively revised by our M engineers. It delivers 600 hp and a maximum torque of 553 lb-ft, offering a significant increase in performance vs. the predecessor models. Acceleration from 0-60 mph with the new 8-speed M Steptronic transmission featuring Drivelogic is just 3.2 seconds. The suspension features M-specific kinematic and elastokinematic elements to help optimize driving dynamics. Weight is also a crucial factor in terms of performance: This has been further reduced, inter alia, by a roof made from carbon fiber reinforced plastic.

BMW M Performance Parts for F90 M5

BMW M5 F90 Moto GP Safety Car

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 4
      10-30-2017, 09:21 PM   #2
MSport28
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / G30 540

Looks nice! I like the carbon array from nose to tail, including those carbon kidneys!

I don't care for the tack-on front "splitters" however, they look taped on (literally) and not cohesive with the bumper. It needs to be a complete lower splitter/valence.
Appreciate 4
ericliuhc324.00
DeeKay553.00
      10-30-2017, 09:28 PM   #3
DRTMGRT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I don't know why I can't seem to fall in love with the carbon bits up front... strange. I'm usually a sucker for CF
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

There's not much there if option up if I had an M5 in the garage.

Maybe the exhaust at most.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #5
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Carbon engine cover. Taking a page out of Mercedes play book.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 11:23 PM   #6
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

I want to see the floor mats.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 12:03 AM   #7
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

And there goes any hope of a wheel option that isn't at least somewhat blacked out. So stupid. I'm not really a fan of aftermarket wheels, and I like the M5 and am a real buyer in the market for the car... and the wheels are a deal breaker for me.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      10-31-2017, 05:02 AM   #8
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Meh looks alright......
2002 M5 Carbon Black (sold) should have never sold her
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2017, 07:50 AM   #9
lofrese1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
And there goes any hope of a wheel option that isn't at least somewhat blacked out. So stupid. I'm not really a fan of aftermarket wheels, and I like the M5 and am a real buyer in the market for the car... and the wheels are a deal breaker for me.
I'm in the same boat as you. The wheels really kill the look of this car. This is the first time I actually like the oem 19's.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 08:05 AM   #10
mfstrby
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

idrive screen is wrapped with leather?
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2017, 08:50 AM   #11
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

God everything cf looks like an afterthought.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      10-31-2017, 08:55 AM   #12
Ragazzi-07
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

car looks better stock.....saves me a few pennies

m performance exhaust only.

diffuser looks ridiculous as well.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      10-31-2017, 10:41 AM   #13
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousq View Post
Meh looks alright......
What?! I thought you would be all about it Q?! Haha! What do you think about the wheels? I think they are starting to grow on me. Just wait until you see the Competition Package Wheels, they are going to be much better.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 10:51 AM   #14
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Overall, I think all of the M Performance Parts are pretty good. It seems to me that M Performance is really taking the aftermarket stuff pretty seriously this time around with the F90 M5. People usually upgrade all of this stuff anyway, and this time around M Performance has even done suspension.

Between you and me, I'd rather do the M Performance lowering springs than an aftermarket brand, because it's probably easier and one less thing to worry about for a dealer red-flagging your car for unauthorized modding.

The new Akrapovic M Performance Exhaust sounds pretty good, seems like they made it a lot more aggressive sounding this time.

The other bits are as expected with the trunk spoiler and splitters and now they even made a diffuser, which was not offered for the F10 M5. I am pleasantly surprised by the new engine cover designs. So it now seems that we can opt for a Carbon Fiber Engine Cover option from the factory as a standard option or you can order the M Performance Carbon Fiber Engine Cover which is different and also comes in two pieces. Pretty clever marketing I think.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #15
FC05
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring Z3M Coupe

Looks ok, maybe better not with white cars
      10-31-2017, 11:49 AM   #16
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

I wonder what the CF rear spoiler pro will look like?
Hopefully it'll be bigger than that tiny thing thay call a spoiler now.

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 01:43 PM   #17
SFT33
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28, E34, E60 & F10 M5s

Nope

I wouldn't consider any of it with the exception of the exhaust. Too boy racer for me.
      10-31-2017, 04:24 PM   #18
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Boy,

what a fail these new M5 wheels are...
Appreciate 1
M500771.00
      10-31-2017, 10:22 PM   #19
M5007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition Package

They can do better than this.
      11-01-2017, 03:55 AM   #20
FAZKW
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S8

Stickers, front splitters, and diffuser are a bit of overkill on the M5. The kidney grills and side grills alone would be enough of a "punch". Adds a little wolf to the sheep's clothing, but not too much!

The only part I'm undecided about would be the CF rear lid spoiler, especially on a shade of white. I can't figure out if I like it or not!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #21
///M-E30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 E46 M3

Anyone else recognize the driver (I forget her name) from an M Performance Driving School? Dig the commercial.
      11-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #22
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Live photos from SEMA

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0