BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    F90 M5 first Impressions review vs. Tesla P90D

03-19-2018, 07:25 PM   #67
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckray View Post
Are you out of your mind?? So your telling me a Mclaren 720s isn't one of the most technological advanced cars out their I had a 488 spider sold that and just got my 720s best car I ever had look up Mclaren 720s you will see all the Lap records it destroyed Hmmmm I'm not a hybrid fan I have a M4 gts also for the raw driving experience trust me if and when you drive a Tesla their is no driving experience super super cheap quality you can't convince me a tech company has better build quality then bmw and MB soon enough the world will come to what quality actually is
I’m not telling you anything about the 720. Lol. You brought up that vehicle. Is Tesla selling the driver’s experience like the super car manufacturer, McLaren...or is Tesla selling the electric car experience to a niche market? You tell me. Smh.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 07:29 PM   #68
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
Thanks for the quick review. I test drove a Tesla back in 2014 and said "fuck this". It's a quick, gimmicky Camry imho.
What's wrong with Camry? Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 07:55 PM   #69
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
There’s nothing innovative when the vehicle still needs petroleum.
Depending on where you live, your Tesla might be powered by oil, gas, coal, or a dirty hunk of plutonium.

I'd be real careful calling this innovative.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 2
Toome159.00
      03-19-2018, 07:57 PM   #70
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Depending on where you live, your Tesla might be powered by oil, gas, coal, or a dirty hunk of plutonium.

My comment stated bmw was NOT that innovative as opposed to Tesla being innovative. I’m glad i can correct your error for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 09:53 PM   #71
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Tuned F90 M5 should be able to take down a P100D with Ludicrous Plus Mode. Especially given that the F90 is 500lbs lighter. Lol! Can't wait to see what some lightly tuned F90's dish out in the future.

Appreciate 1
eclipxe170.50
      03-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #72
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post

My comment stated bmw was NOT that innovative as opposed to Tesla being innovative. IÂ’m glad i can correct your error for you.
You're saying a manufacture that sells sub-par materials at an inflated price, makes 3 models and loses money every day innovative? I think that's called bankruptcy waiting to happen. Or perhaps you're referring to the non-disclosure agreement they make anyone with a buy back/lemon sign so that negativity stays under wraps as long as possible? Good thing they're a tech company that sells cars, not a car company. That type of "innovation" would get the rest of the manufacturers sued. Couple that with the fact that Tesla uses a loop hole in federal law to sell directly to consumers and you have a company waiting to be absorbed by another.

Let's not forget Google and Dyson are only a couple of the companies bringing electric vehicles to the market in the near future. Tesla has to be in panic mode. You can tell by Elon's chuckle at his own timeline for space travel being a little optimistic. I'll get excited about a company making a successful trip to Mars when it actually happens.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #73
3s-a-charm
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
FUNNY. That Tesla stock is doing very well though, just saying.
Just goes to show one reason for the way markets behave. I am still waiting to meet a(n) (actually) happy tesla owner.

I just hear promises of better, but reality of falling short in many categories. You cannot run a company in the red for this long before a big fall occurs.
Allow me to introduce myself...
      03-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #74
ghaffari46
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 e90

Stop comparing Tesla to a M car! They are two different animals with 2 different kind of audiences. Tesla is a fast car, but not a "sport" car. If you are reading This blog you probably will enjoy a noisy e30 m3 way more than a "roller coaster" resembling ride of any electric car.
If not, you are in the wrong place!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 11:46 PM   #75
m3rxn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: boosted Inline 6's

Howabout some pics of new 5er?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 12:18 AM   #76
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
Volume, my friend. When Tesla gets to those heights, they’ll be able to make M luggage and pointless mountain bikes. lol
I don’t understand all the hate towards Tesla. Could be short sellers in our midst here on the forums but seriously I give Tesla credit for disrupting the auto industry. Colleagues of mine purchased their Tesla because of all the comfort features and the fact they never have to deal with heading to the pump for gas again. Not for the environment really. Traffic has gotten so bad here in LA that a Tesla autopilot is so hard to resist.

Mind you I still love BMW and don’t see myself in a Tesla anytime soon but I’m positive one will be in my garage eventually.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 12:35 AM   #77
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
I don’t understand all the hate towards Tesla. Could be short sellers in our midst here on the forums but seriously I give Tesla credit for disrupting the auto industry. Colleagues of mine purchased their Tesla because of all the comfort features and the fact they never have to deal with heading to the pump for gas again. Not for the environment really. Traffic has gotten so bad here in LA that a Tesla autopilot is so hard to resist.

Mind you I still love BMW and don’t see myself in a Tesla anytime soon but I’m positive one will be in my garage eventually.
I’m sure if you’re rebutting my comment or expanding on it because it should be clear I’m defending Tesla under these strange parameters of comparison.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 12:40 AM   #78
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
You're saying a manufacture that sells sub-par materials at an inflated price, makes 3 models and loses money every day innovative? I think that's called bankruptcy waiting to happen. Or perhaps you're referring to the non-disclosure agreement they make anyone with a buy back/lemon sign so that negativity stays under wraps as long as possible? Good thing they're a tech company that sells cars, not a car company. That type of "innovation" would get the rest of the manufacturers sued. Couple that with the fact that Tesla uses a loop hole in federal law to sell directly to consumers and you have a company waiting to be absorbed by another.

Let's not forget Google and Dyson are only a couple of the companies bringing electric vehicles to the market in the near future. Tesla has to be in panic mode. You can tell by Elon's chuckle at his own timeline for space travel being a little optimistic. I'll get excited about a company making a successful trip to Mars when it actually happens.
Not to be disrespectful but, you have serious reading comprehension issues to overcome. I ridiculed BMW’s faux-innovation. I never touted Tesla’s innovation. My tongue-in-cheek remark stated that a gas-powered car isn’t really that innovative when car manufactures are fighting to mimic Tesla’s technology...ultimately.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 12:54 AM   #79
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm View Post
Allow me to introduce myself...
No complaints? Completely drank the Kool-Aid?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 12:58 AM   #80
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
M cars have not been drivers cars since the F series started. See his first point about steering feel.
Have you driven the F90?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 01:11 AM   #81
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
I’m sure if you’re rebutting my comment or expanding on it because it should be clear I’m defending Tesla under these strange parameters of comparison.
Did not mean to confuse but I am in agreement with you. I drove a Tesla Model S with autopilot about 2 or 3 years ago and was amazed by it. Literally bought shares the next day because of how much of an impression it made on me. Not just the autopilot but the infotainment system and the fact that you don’t have to deal with a petrol engine. The tech is what sold me.

If I had to choose for daily driving between a P100D and a new M5 then the Tesla gets my vote. If we are talking owning a weekend car in a place with no traffic, long stretches of road, no potholes then hands down I would get the M5.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 01:33 AM   #82
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Seriously. Can't believe people are comparing apples to oranges and are arguing over it. Different strokes for different folks. One does not speak for all. People are happily spending $100k+ on (multiple) Teslas instead of M5s.
      03-20-2018, 02:05 AM   #83
Spara
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post

I think you might be a bit biased against Tesla if you’re going to claim they aren’t an innovative company. Even if that’s your personal opinion, you have to mentally filter a lot of evidence to the contrary.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 06:01 AM   #84
elitex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C Coupe, 21 X5MC

Garage List
We have to give Tesla a lot of credit. They actually made it work with very good range and decent charging network.

If I had a daily 1 plus hour commute then I would absolutely buy an electric self driving car, If and when they're released. It's just not fun sitting in traffic, doesn't matter what car you drive.
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima
Appreciate 2
Roundown575.50
      03-20-2018, 06:50 AM   #85
MiamiFan13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i4-e40 335i 03 Cobra,Jeep SRT8

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Even Camry's and Accords have HUD now. To not have one in a $100k+ car in 2018 is an oversight.
For the most part, pointless distractions used to woo the consumer. My iPhoneX is my navigation. IÂ’ve used my F80s navigation maybe half-a-dozen times and my car is over 3 years old.
EXACTLY!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #86
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACK M4STER View Post
Goldman: Tesla shares to drop more than 30 percent in the next 6 months on weak Model 3 deliveries - CNBC

https://apple.news/AKLCReeWET8uMBlF3vYXmCQ
That projection is easily mitigated by producing more model 3 by ramping up
Production, or offering discounts on available models.
You do sound pretty ignorant for someone who calls others ignorant. If it was that simple to ramp up production, Tesla would have done it quite a while back. On the other hand if you think they've got capacity to ramp up other models and sell more, you clearly haven't read any analysts reports on Tesla. Worth knowing what you are talking about before you call others ignorant. Just saying.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 10:08 AM   #87
48Laws
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
You do sound pretty ignorant for someone who calls others ignorant. If it was that simple to ramp up production, Tesla would have done it quite a while back. On the other hand if you think they've got capacity to ramp up other models and sell more, you clearly haven't read any analysts reports on Tesla. Worth knowing what you are talking about before you call others ignorant. Just saying.
Putting your pettiness aside, the issue is that the demand for the Model 3 was so great, Tesla had to push back delivery dates. That’s actually what a company wants. You sound far too emotional to be included in this discussion so exit.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 10:18 AM   #88
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
Putting your pettiness aside, the issue is that the demand for the Model 3 was so great, Tesla had to push back delivery dates. That’s actually what a company wants. You sound far too emotional to be included in this discussion so exit.
If I was emotional about it, I'd bring some irrelevant facts which is exactly what you are doing by calling someone emotional when they point out some facts.

I really don't care about the argument whether Tesla is better or BMW is better. Ultimately, each one of those brands have their own target consumer groups. I was merely commenting on your post how you call others ignorant and also supposedly know way better than every financial analyst as well as everyone here.

Let me make you happy! Tesla is so fantastic. Their share price will soar no matter what happens. Those who say otherwise are just stupid emotional people. How hard could it be to ramp up production. After all they've been making cars for a long time and THE BEST.
Appreciate 1
zinner559.00