BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Need intakes!!! And Downpipes!!

05-02-2024, 11:47 AM   #1
DevanEdge
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Comp

Lightbulb Need intakes!!! And Downpipes!!

Looking to purchase some intakes and downpipes asap. I was wondering what everyone has and what they recommend running. Not looking for anything crazy but something that gets the job done with a fair price. Willing to try out uncommon names and brands and willing to try anything honestly if the shoe fits. I saw MAD has a good set of intakes and pretty good deal on secondaries, should I go for it?
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2024, 12:54 PM   #2
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanEdge View Post
Looking to purchase some intakes and downpipes asap. I was wondering what everyone has and what they recommend running. Not looking for anything crazy but something that gets the job done with a fair price. Willing to try out uncommon names and brands and willing to try anything honestly if the shoe fits. I saw MAD has a good set of intakes and pretty good deal on secondaries, should I go for it?
YES do it! Why take a chance with something else? We have 100's of customers running our products with nothing but positive reviews.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 01:24 PM   #3
DevanEdge
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Comp

Front Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
YES do it! Why take a chance with something else? We have 100's of customers running our products with nothing but positive reviews.

The only thing is I dont see front mount intakes on your guys' website. is it only the short ram intakes and whats the difference between noise and performance from front mount to the short ram. Wont the short ram take in hot air compared to the cooler outside air??
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 05:31 PM   #4
Info@mad-us.com
Major General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanEdge View Post
The only thing is I dont see front mount intakes on your guys' website. is it only the short ram intakes and whats the difference between noise and performance from front mount to the short ram. Wont the short ram take in hot air compared to the cooler outside air??

Front mounts are currently being developed.

Any open-style intake that's not fully enclosed, such as our carbon air box, is more prone to hot air exposure. However, our Shielded intake version effectively minimizes intake air temps while still allowing for enjoyable intake sounds.

Front mounts offer the most external sound and only draw in ambient air, but their installation is more complex and their filters are exposed to the elements. It's a trade-off to consider.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 05-02-2024 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 10:27 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

+1 for MAD products, they are excellent

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2024, 11:29 AM   #6
Powerwhee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

I have a set of MSR intakes that I can give you a great deal on. I’m in California in LA. PM me.
Appreciate 0