BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    New M5 cosmetic issues

12-04-2019, 10:01 PM   #1
Funnysora
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ms

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

I signed paper work for a 2019 unit on 11/24 but had to leave the unit with the dealership until 11/30 to install a missing CF part listed on Monroney sticker. Was told the original pierce was damaged...

Took her home and found her body full of swirl marks along with multiple scratches and paint chip on the front and rear bumper under fluorescent light. She already had 90+ miles when I signed. It was raining both days on initial delivery and pick up after the missing part was installed. I honestly didn't expect this at all on a new unit.

I was doing a thorough inspection before sending her for wrapping and found out about these issues.

The unit was manufactured in 3/19, and was shipped to another dealership. Even though the general sales manager assured me that the missing part would be ready at initial delivery, it wasn't. We drove 4 hours each way to the dealership 2x and only to be rewarded with these issues.

The only key available on delivery also looked worn compared to my other key which I had for almost 2 years... (5er left, M5 right). they said they had mailed the other key to me.... since Sat. Still no sight of it.

I contacted the dealership and my SA, 3 days have passed and still no response from the management.

Spoke to executive customer relations BMWNA today, even though they are outraged but told me there is nothing they could do for me. They offered to nudge the dealership to communicate with me.

Haven't had anything like this on any of my new units. Honestly I couldn't even imagine this is probable on a new unit.... don't know what else to do at this point and she's just sitting in the garage.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
brava09767.00
      12-05-2019, 01:30 AM   #2
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Sorry to hear, but this does not look as a new car. I would try to make them take it back
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #3
adeuel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Oxford Green M5C

Ditto.

That's bullshit. And I'm not one that cares about scratches and abuse.

I just want to be the one doing it.

Somebody obviously lipped the front end on a curb stop after a test drive.
This was probably a demo unit.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 11:16 AM   #4
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 90 S13, 22 MSP, 23 JLUR 4xe

yea looks like demo unit or someone drove it for a "few" weeks and that key fob looks like it was on a key chain dangling with gazillion other keys.. sorry to hear about this. Def go back and complain about this.

That color looks similar to Mexico Blue that i have, overall the color is very sensitive and prone to swirls, this is why i wrapped most of the car in xpel..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #5
Funnysora
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

If there is only a few spot underneath I am willing to let it pass, but it's all over the places. So far still silence from the dealership.... I am abt 3-4 hrs away so I can't go down. And I have been really patient with them...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #6
Archimedes65
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

The chips and scratches are no bueno and I would make them replace those pieces. However, IMO, the swirls are to be expected for any car that has sat on a dealer lot and has any miles on it. They wash the cars and they get swirls. The only way to avoid it is to order a car and don't let them touch the car after the shipping paper has been removed. Anytime I buy a car off the lot I just assume its going to need paint correction before coating.

But I'd be livid about the chips and scratches. Was this a demo and/or did you get a great deal on it?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 04:53 PM   #7
Funnysora
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes65 View Post
The chips and scratches are no bueno and I would make them replace those pieces. However, IMO, the swirls are to be expected for any car that has sat on a dealer lot and has any miles on it. They wash the cars and they get swirls. The only way to avoid it is to order a car and don't let them touch the car after the shipping paper has been removed. Anytime I buy a car off the lot I just assume its going to need paint correction before coating.

But I'd be livid about the chips and scratches. Was this a demo and/or did you get a great deal on it?
Standard deal on 2019 unit, nothing to be proud of. Contract listed "new" instead of demo. I was told the miles was from transporting btw their sister stores.. and assured it wasn't a demo unit. I asked a lot of questions abt the miles because my other cars, RS, AMG all had less than 10 on them at delivery.

The swirls just compound those issues I have with chips and scratches found. The pic showing the passenger front bumper literally has paint defects,
As if something scraped against it.

What's infuriating is that they are not communicating with me.

I get the feeling that they are trying to pin this on me after leaving dealership. My 2018 5er is in better condition ...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 06:01 PM   #8
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

I almost bought a 2019 with a similar story -- 120 miles on it. Dealer said they drove to a BMW sponsored event which was 60 miles away. I immediately passed on the deal and found a car at another dealer.

I don't know if they will take it back but I would try. Even if they offer to repaint, no way I'd want my brand new car to have a bunch of panels repainted.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 02:16 AM   #9
Funnysora
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
I almost bought a 2019 with a similar story -- 120 miles on it. Dealer said they drove to a BMW sponsored event which was 60 miles away. I immediately passed on the deal and found a car at another dealer.

I don't know if they will take it back but I would try. Even if they offer to repaint, no way I'd want my brand new car to have a bunch of panels repainted.
I am not even thinking abt asking them to take it back... I repeatedly told them I just want a reasonable solution so I can enjoy my car. I communicated with my SA again, he responded he has to bring it up with the management again.

I emailed the General Sales Manger with everything and requested follow up from management, heard nothing back. I don't know what else to do, I had to sign an arbitration agreement as a part of the contract. I am already using my legal plan to have an attorney going over this dispute with the dealership. I don't know whatelse to do.
Appreciate 0