04-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #59
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Please. All boards are the same. That said - who is stating that the E63S is a piece of crap?

Please do post some examples. And please do post some examples of where people are stating the F90 M5 is the greatest car in the world.

Good luck.

There is a difference between fanboiism and simply stating the available facts. I also find it funny that there is so much hate for the BMW F90 M5 on a BMW website - especially when it is outperforming - more times than not - the E63S accoriding to the available testing.

Could there be a bias? Especially for those who are on here as MB owners and perhaps need to justify their purchase?

You don't have to answer - that was a rhetorical question.
The CarWow test got a lot of hate, because it showed the E63 S outperforming the M5 on the strip. To my eyes the test was pretty fair. The performance results so far have been pretty equal (the M5 F90 pulls harder initially on some tests, on others it is tied, and the E 63 S pulls harder at top end). The braking test was a little weird, although nothing to be surprised. Then later on this very thread which the E63 S beat the M5 F90 by 0.1s (ridiculous difference by the way), people saying Sutcliffe can't drive (LOL). Then there is the ridiculous discussion about the tyres and their effect. Who cares?

I am not saying you are one of the members who come here to the forum mainly to cause silly arguments, but there is a lot of members here who come with the sole purpose of dare I say it, shitposting.

I will comment again, I think both these cars are amazing. I haven't driven the M5 F90 (and I will reserve my judgement on both cars' performance abilities until I drive the M5 on track and street, as I have driven the E63 S on track and on the streets), but I have driven the E63 S. It is an outstanding piece of kit. Therefore there is no need for all this hate on both directions (morons who come to criticize the M5 F90, claiming the E63 S is better, and morons who do the opposite). Both are the best supersaloons money can buy, and that is the end.
Appreciate 0