05-17-2017, 08:02 AM   #48
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Performance View Post
And once again BMW goes the way of the our german mainstream with Audi and Daimler... i don't understand it!

- 8speed automatic is also with a normal converter (wandler) and no DKG -> Audi makes it in the new R8, RS6, RS5, RS4 too.
- xDrive in an ///M Model -> Standard form the RS-Line
- progressive Headlights in Front -> right, Audi Design
- honeycomb structure in the Seats -> Ingolstadt, what else?

If I want to drive an audi, I would have bought one! But whats next? An ///M3 Touring?
Okay, persuaded - i want one
It remains to see how the ZF 8-speed shifts compared to the DCT in the F10. But the problem with a manual type transmission (which the gearsets and basic layout in a DCT is) is that it becomes heavy and not so smooth shifting when we are at the HP and torque levels we are now... Especially combined with AWD and a heavy car the transmission needs to be stronger than ever before in an M5.

If the shift quality is at DCT levels for shift speed in sport modes and smoother in comfort mode. What do you see as the problem with going this route?

Can Audi's Quattro system be switched to RWD only?

Is Audi's Quattro system rear biased in a way that makes the car feel rwd and tail happy?

IMO, BMW has adapted AWD out of customer demand and out of nevessity due to the sheer amount of performance from the engine. And they seem to have done it in an "M kind of way". My guess is that the AWD system will feel just as rear biased (and more so probably) as the Focus RS does. Very much UNLIKE the Audisteer system...
Appreciate 0