View Single Post
      06-18-2022, 12:42 AM   #72
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
As much as I love Tesla I think me and my wife are also going back to BMW. We got the FSD Beta recently and not as awesome as I thought it would be. If you’re going to get a Tesla then don’t even bother with adding the FSD since the car comes with autopilot on the highway already.

I also do not like that they removed the gear stalk and signal stalk. Yoke wheel is also troublesome when I drove it. I’m sure it would just take some getting used to but not feeling it as well.

Test drove the i4M50 and was a joy to drive especially with CarPlay.

Only thing we will surely miss is autopilot, the cameras and supercharge network Tesla has.
Get the i4 with the drivers assistance package, id honestly argue its better than autopilot and it also doesn't limit you to 85 (goes up to 110) just won't take you to off ramps haha.

Personally I like the fsd, having summon on those rainy days is really nice (had to run out to my bmw when I pulled into service and it was like 20 ft in the rain when with the Tesla I could've just been like oh back up will ya? It's these little things that once you use them and don't have them you end up missing. And the regular driving with fsd works well enough that to get me to my most traveled places I know there's 2 intersections that give it trouble and I just take over at those 2, it's nice to just chill other than that lol. Again the bmw is better at keeping lane and stuff imo, since it's not scared to turn the freaking wheel and cause lateral g's like the Tesla (and you can turn the wheel a bit to avoid potholes and stuff without cancelling), but it's nice to have it do all the turns and stuff for you so you don't have to keep canceling it and turning it back on.
Appreciate 0