View Single Post
      11-04-2023, 09:10 AM   #51
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Sorry to hear all that brother;I was scheduled for the scope back in January and had to cancel as I was dealing w the other issue I have. Initial PET scan lit up a few places where my cancer metastasized,but didn't show anything in my digestive tract which is good I suppose,but still no substitute for the actual scope.

Once I beat the testicular cancer(Monday I begin week 6 of 9wk chemo plan!) and I'm good to go,I'll be getting the scope in the heiney.

I wish you the best
And I'm sorry to hear about your situation too. Any cancer just sucks in general. Your situation is very different concerning why you haven't been scoped. Having a PET show nothing in your GI track is some decent assurance there's nothing there. But I would also get the scope when you can. With you going through treatment, I would think any invasive procedure would be put on hold till you're out of treatment for a certain period. At least that's what was the case for me with my chemo regiment. The fear is the inflammation and any potential bleeding control. When I got done with treatment, I wanted the blasted powerport out of my chest. My doc told me to wait two weeks before scheduling the procedure due to ensuring any chemo traces/side effects are out of my system.

Hang in there brother. You'll get through this.
Appreciate 1
Oldgixxer1938.00