vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Notice how when you first "install" a new CGM, there is a blood symbol displayed in the reading? They want you to do a finger prick before making any rash judgements during the iniital run in.
I just stuck on my fifth Freestyle Libre 3 sensor an hour ago, and all five have done that. Ditto for every generation back to the original Libre 10-day that had a much longer initial startup time.

I believe that the FDA had something to do with making them prompt for initial finger sticks whenever a new sensor is applied. The early ones took hours before they settled in, and they all probably need a little time for the sensor ribbon to settle in after the trauma of being inserted by a needle.

I have two old iHealth bluetooth finger stick testers, but all of the strips expired years ago. Because of my latest malady (essential tremors), there's no f-in-weigh that I could perform a successful finger stick these days without locking my hand in a vice to stop the shaking.....