06-05-2018, 06:53 PM   #22
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
I guess I beg to differ

It's all a question of taste and ultimately cars for a somewhat different customer.

The E63s is not really meant to be a dual personality car as the M5. The M5 is much softer and quieter in its "civilized" setting and then you can open it up if you like. A very practical car.

The Mercedes is more aggressive and louder and that's in comfort mode.
More single purpose I suppose.

More like a Swiss army knife vs a bowie knife Swiss Army knife is definitely a better tool.

That said, I like our E63s perhaps because it isn't low key. For that reason I am keen on the upcoming M8; the M5 is a bit too subtle for me.

Personally I don't get fanboyism; these are all very cool, incredibly capable cars and they all satisfy for a while until boredom sets in or the next shiny toy arrives...
I don't think E63s is aggressive at all in terms of styling. It looks too cute in the rear and almost identical to a c class in the front. I guess looks really can be subjective. The styling (exterior and interior) is the one main reason I did not consider E63s at all.

Performance wise these two cars are very close. E63s' exhaust note is definitely more aggressive.

Last edited by neohh; 06-05-2018 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0