Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
I think this has serious potential to lead in a very strong segment as BMW intends it to.
Never had any doubt about it after seeing both the new Porsche Panamera and E63 S came in even heavier than the previous generation, both over 2000 Kg.

They are going after a different sort of buyers.
I think the competition within the luxury performance segment is excellent.

Previous and current performance sedans are typically laden with safety features, technology and all-wheel drive systems are not lightweights, and you as well other here know these types of cars transition from generation to generation with more of these attributes with increased weight as an underlying detriment.

Whatever weight that has been removed from the F90 M5 is a plus. The new Panamera looks refreshing in the metal since it's launch and Mercedes-AMG continues its push but without much emotion to its car. Although typical Mercedes-Benz, but they own the sound department.

It's the hideous Audi RS7 with its exotic car straight line acceleration, road holding and wet weather abilities that that I have to begrudgingly say leads this particular segment. With BMW M coming after them now, hard.
Appreciate 0