View Single Post
      02-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #10
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

so a couple of points.

I would have been a lot happier if the cable was straight and level.

Though the wiring is run in a Armour type, in hindsight I would have preferred it in trunking so it was neater.

Running so it was hidden I was told that because of the studs would be dooable but a more lengthy and expensive option.

I guess like anything you learn from your mistakes. I also forgot contractors are like car salesmen and he talked the talk but....

What in hindsight I could have done was actually run the wires myself, either chased behind the dry wall, or from above or in trunking. Then just let the 'leccy guy physically wire in the cabling to the sockets.

I wouldn't be in hot water with the insurance as a certified person is inspecting my "roughing" and also doing the final connecting.

He was recommended/referred through my wife, so I didn't do as much checking as I should have done.

He literally, sped through the work, eye balling everything and just banging clips in the walls.

I usually only make a mistake once.

but yes I agree with you, the work was done as a cheapest quote, and I guess that compromises quality sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
I'm not a "certified" electrician, but running cables along the wall like that is shoddy work.

Last edited by jaye944; 02-23-2018 at 10:02 PM..
Appreciate 0