05-10-2024, 02:32 PM   #58
MarcoF90
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Acura TLX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfigueroa541 View Post
A little backstory: I was in the middle of purchasing a 2020 M5 CPO at my local BMW dealership. I signed all the papers and had already emptied my current car as it would be traded in.

I was waiting for the keys to leave and enjoy the car. Just beforehand, they noticed the bulletin on their end and reverted the sale. I've contacted the dealership regarding the fix, but there is no news yet.

If anyone gets updated, please continue posting on the thread, as this is the only place where I've been getting updates on similar cases.

The deal is still valid for 60 days due to my approval, and I would love to get this car.
Had a similar experience except I wasn't going to buy, I went to a fairly local BMW dealer to truthfully examine my options and what not. They had only one M5 in their inventory (technically two M5s one was just returned off-lease but was being held from being advertised) that was advertised on the website.

I had saw it the ad page for it and ofcourse I was interested in taking a look and possibly test driving it. But the salesman told me straight up he wouldn't be able to sell it due to the recall. Come to find out I couldn't even look at it cause it was being worked on by a mechanic.

So it seems like the dealer is stuck with that car being in their inventory until BMW puts out the fixed part for it.

Was a nice M5 too LCI model with a individual color and Competition package.
Appreciate 1