View Single Post
      03-08-2024, 05:59 PM   #19
dasvolk
The King of Speeding
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F90 M5C

Garage List
2006 BMW M5  [0.00]
Dramatically different cars but I understand the comparison. I own a 2020 comp and have raced a C8 Z51 for a couple of weekends.

The C8 is a tiny car, but extremely well made and appointed. I have noticed that the DCT gives me a real nasty smell of clutch after running it hard. I am a little concerned for the longevity of that gearbox although I understand GM is actively working on an update. Some people complain that the steering is numb but the chassis is very communicative. It changes direction like a hummingbird once you learn how to drive it.

The M5C is a large luxury sedan that is mind-bendingly fast. I've owned mine for 4 months and I'm still astounded by how fast it is. Straight line the C8 will hang with the M5C for a few hundred feet but start losing ground. By the quarter stock for stock the C8 will be a couple carlengths behind and continue to lose ground. While it doesn't handle like the C8, the M5C is extremely capable, able to go far beyond what most people expect. The AWD system feels like magic, and it drives like a video game with cheats enabled.

Both are good ways of going fast. Most people won't see you coming in the BMW unless they know what they're looking at. Corvettes inevitably attract attention.
Appreciate 3
DarkM522.50