03-07-2024, 07:48 PM   #25
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAtCoAsTeR View Post
I have a 2014 A6 3.0t which is tuned and heavily modded, along with my 2021 M5 Comp(which is now on it's way to being heavily modded). Chassis wise, it's the C7, not the new C8, but the C7(2012-2018) chassis for the A/S/RS cars are all pretty damn good, so imagine the C8 is as well. My A6 feels light and nimble in corners while the F90 feels heavy and is getting better(with the Dinan suspension parts/KW HAS kit) now, but stock feels much heavier and I want to go slower in the corners with it. There is a ~400lb difference between the two though, with the F90 being heavier. My tuned A6 can hang from a standstill until about 45mph, then the F90 starts walking it. I wouldn't kick either car out of my garage though, and would hope the C8 chassis for the Audi's is a step ahead of the C7's, but they are getting porky just like the new G90's will be. Comically, the Audi now has 61k miles on it and has never had one single issue, even with it being tuned for the last 30k miles, just oil changes and maintenance; meanwhile I've only had the F90 since last summer and it's been in the shop 5 different times for warrantable issues already...
Coincidently I went through the exact same journey (minus the tuning part). I bought a 2015 A6 3.0 brand new, used it as a daily driver for a long time and then bought a new 2023 F90. I love the A6 and still own it, it’s now used by a family member. It’s nimble, fun to drive, and remained problem free for 85K miles. Nothing but regular maintenance. Recently had the first non maintenance issue (breather valve above the supercharger needs replacement) but it’s not very expensive and one issue after almost 10 years of ownership is no big deal

Being said that, there is literally no comparison between A6 and F90 M5. M5 is superior in every way. I actually cross shopped M5 with RS7 but preferred M5 handling and acceleration.

Audis are great cars, but M5 is M5
Appreciate 4