View Single Post
      08-24-2021, 12:00 AM   #24
Dark-Knight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post
I understand where you are coming from. When I am off-duty and I am carrying concealed it is hard to carry on my strong side hip without damaging the leather due to the pistol grip of the frame assembly making contact with side bolster of the sport seats, even though I have a shirt over the pistol.

I recently started using the Undertech Undercover Belly Band Concealment Holster. Now that I carry a Glock 42, Glock 43, and Sig P365XL. I find it much easier to carry in the appendix area. I am 5'11" and 190 pounds. Back in the 90's I was a Reserve Police Officer in Virginia while on active duty in Marine Corps. I use to carry a full size 1911 and while driving my C4 Corvette I would place the 1911 in the side door pocket while driving, it also helped that I am a left hand shooter so it was easy to grab the pistol if I needed it quickly.

The good thing that I have found about the Belly Band holster I can adjust the holster up higher from the waist band so the end of the pistol is not digging into the groin area of the body.

I have numerous handguns but my go to handguns are now the Glock 43X with the 15 round Shield Arms magazines and also my Sig P365XL with the Holosun HS507K optic. I am waiting to get a Glock 43X MOS (sold out in SOCAL but I am next on the list). Once you shoot with a open reflex sight it is a game changer.

interesting, I have not tried belly band, I think I may give it a try, I haven't gone with an optic yet, for fear of once I do it I wont go back and might lose some ability with iron sights-hahahah I had a G43 but gave it to the wife, because she liked it. Currently the SIG 365 can reside inside pants pocket of cargo pants or appendix carry under Hawaiian shirt, Handgun technology has evolved rapidly over the past few years, the old school 1911 is first weapon I held and fired, but have only owned hammerless striker fired no safety or DA-SA w/no safety to keep the training and mindset the same. The Wilson Combat EDC X9 is a work of art, Ive been contemplating getting one, but I'd have to train for flicking the safety off and carrying condition 1, but its such a nice weapon, is I think Im sticking with the Sig, nice cars are like nice guns and and watches and cameras, toys for older boys.
Appreciate 2
Egrunt554.00