12-05-2019, 04:53 PM   #7
Funnysora
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes65 View Post
The chips and scratches are no bueno and I would make them replace those pieces. However, IMO, the swirls are to be expected for any car that has sat on a dealer lot and has any miles on it. They wash the cars and they get swirls. The only way to avoid it is to order a car and don't let them touch the car after the shipping paper has been removed. Anytime I buy a car off the lot I just assume its going to need paint correction before coating.

But I'd be livid about the chips and scratches. Was this a demo and/or did you get a great deal on it?
Standard deal on 2019 unit, nothing to be proud of. Contract listed "new" instead of demo. I was told the miles was from transporting btw their sister stores.. and assured it wasn't a demo unit. I asked a lot of questions abt the miles because my other cars, RS, AMG all had less than 10 on them at delivery.

The swirls just compound those issues I have with chips and scratches found. The pic showing the passenger front bumper literally has paint defects,
As if something scraped against it.

What's infuriating is that they are not communicating with me.

I get the feeling that they are trying to pin this on me after leaving dealership. My 2018 5er is in better condition ...
Appreciate 0