View Single Post
      04-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #12
Goonba
Private
Rep
Drives: e63s

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
This is true - it just doesn't make the results equal to what they are intending to show: which car is quicker. There's an asterisk now.

I also agree from ALL of the tests and reviews out there that - especially on the road course - the F90 is superior to the E63S. It will have the quicker and faster times for most if not all tracks.
I am not insulting your or anyones ownership/worship of the M5.

I am just pointing out that BMW in the UK supplies these tyres, its their choice, they know far more than I do (but after looking what they are, I understand why they choose them for the UK and UK tracks). To my knowledge Mercedes-AMG UK and my personal car is also on the new Pirelli PZ4s. I have never heard of these tyres before, but i googled it today and it turns out they are not just "Pirelli PZs" and are not a bad choice for the climate we live in.

Regarding times, and all the stuff that makes this forum stimulating, I have stated show me video and proof and I will believe it (and take my hat off). Take the SA timed review, I have a Vbox and I have never had 3.5s to 100 (3.6s without launch control), neither has anyone that would do a competitive launch - so instantly I smell BS or terrible use of data.

My personal view is that motoring journalism has gone down the sh*tter and heavily influenced by not insulting manufactures just to get to the next press release weekend. Perfect recent example is the Huracan Performante - NO customer car performs anywhere near the "record" Nurburgring time (GT R actually beats it in non press H2Hs on tracks around the world).

Over the summer we will all find out, irrespective of what magazines say, from people like you and I who actually have to live with these cars day to day. My gut instinct (and hence my involvement in this forum), is that for the first time ever this M car is more about show/reviews/adverts than ground breaking development (I have never seen an M car advertised on TV until now, the M5 "the drift record king" ). Just like Ferrari decided that branding is more important than actual performance vs Porsche, McLaren etc. By the time the comp pack of the M5 comes out the E63 is 2 years old and both will be outperformed by the imminent RS6/7 anyway. The cycle goes on.
Appreciate 0